Sitagliptin is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels. It works by regulating the levels of insulin your body produces after eating. Sitagliptin is for people with type 2 diabetes. It is sometimes used in combination with other diabetes medications, but is not for treating type 1 diabetes.
What is this medicine?
SITAGLIPTIN is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels. It works by regulating the levels of insulin your body produces after eating.
Sitagliptin is for people with type 2 diabetes. It is sometimes used in combination with other diabetes medications, but is not for treating type 1 diabetes.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
Do not use Sitagliptin if you are allergic to sitagliptin, or if you are in a state of diabetic ketoacidosis (call your doctor for treatment with insulin).
To make sure Sitagliptin is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
- kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis); or
- a history of pancreatitis.
FDA pregnancy category B. Sitagliptin is not expected to harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether sitagliptin passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Do not give Sitagliptin to anyone under 18 years old without medical advice.
How should I take this medicine?
Take Sitagliptin exactly as it was prescribed for you. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
You may take Sitagliptin with or without food. Follow your doctor’s instructions.
Your blood sugar will need to be checked often, and you may need other blood tests at your doctor’s office. Visit your doctor regularly.
Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) can happen to everyone who has diabetes. Symptoms include headache, hunger, sweating, pale skin, irritability, dizziness, feeling shaky, or trouble concentrating.
Keep a source of sugar with you in case you have low blood sugar. Sugar sources include fruit juice, hard candy, crackers, raisins, and non-diet soda. Be sure your family and close friends know how to help you in an emergency. If you have severe hypoglycemia and cannot eat or drink, use a glucagon injection. Your doctor can prescribe a glucagon emergency injection kit and tell you how to use it.
Also watch for signs of high blood sugar (hyperglycemia) such as increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, and weight loss.
Check your blood sugar carefully during times of stress, travel, illness, surgery or medical emergency, vigorous exercise, or if you drink alcohol or skip meals. These things can affect your glucose levels and your dose needs may also change. Do not change your medication dose or schedule without your doctor’s advice.
Sitagliptin is only part of a complete program of treatment that also includes diet, exercise, weight control, and possibly other medications. It is important to use this medicine regularly to get the most benefit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely.
What if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What may interact with this medicine?
Using certain medicines can make it harder for you to tell when you have low blood sugar. Tell your doctor if you use albuterol, clonidine, reserpine, or a beta-blocker (atenolol, metoprolol, propranolol, and others).
Before you take Sitagliptin, tell your doctor if you are also taking digoxin (Lanoxicaps, Lanoxin).
Although Sitagliptin is not as likely to cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) as some other oral diabetes medications, tell your doctor if you are taking any other drugs that can potentially lower blood sugar, such as:
- probenecid (Benemid);
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs);
- aspirin or other salicylates (including Pepto-Bismol);
- a blood thinner (warfarin, Coumadin);
- sulfa drugs (Bactrim, SMX-TMP, and others);
- a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI); or
- beta-blockers (Tenormin and others).
- insulin or other oral diabetes medications.
This list is not complete. Other drugs may interact with Sitagliptin, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Not all possible interactions are listed in this medication guide.
What should I watch for while taking this medicine?
Follow your doctor’s instructions about any restrictions on food, beverages, or activity.
What side effects may I notice from this medicine?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Sitagliptin: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Sitagliptin and call your doctor at once if you have:
- pancreatitis – severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, loss of appetite, fast heart rate;
- little or no urinating;
- swelling, weight gain, feeling short of breath; or
- severe skin reaction — fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Common Sitagliptin side effects may include:
- runny or stuffy nose, sore throat;
- headache, back pain, joint or muscle pain; or
- nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation.
Where can I keep my medicine?
Store Sitagliptin at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.
- canadian pharmacy online januvia
- sitagliptin phosphate from canada online pharmacy
- cheap online pharmacy canada
- canada generic januvia
- cost of prescription
- cheap prescription medicine
- price sitagliptin phosphate
- canadian pharmacy online januvia
- to buy januvia online
- is sitagliptin phosphate generic
- safe buy januvia online
- medicines online purchase
- canada januvia
- us pharmacy online
- pharmacy online free shipping
- januvia cheapest
- prescription medicine online
- buy sitagliptin phosphate without
- sitagliptin phosphate pill
- is it safe to buy januvia online canada
- generic januvia uk
- generic januvia buy
- buy januvia pills uk
- where can i buy sitagliptin phosphate pills
- cheap online meds