Generic Benicar is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
What is this medicine?
OLMESARTAN helps lower blood pressure to normal levels. It controls high blood pressure, but it is not a cure. High blood pressure can damage your kidneys, and may lead to a stroke or heart failure. Olmesartan helps prevent these things from happening.
What should my health care professional know before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- previous swelling of the tongue, face, or lips with difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, hoarseness, or tightening of the throat
- heart failure
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- if you are on a special diet, such as a low-salt diet
- an unusual or allergic reaction to olmesartan, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I take this medicine?
Take olmesartan tablets by mouth. Swallow the tablets with a glass of water. Olmesartan can be taken with or without food. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
Overdosage: If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact a poison control center or emergency room at once.
NOTE: This medicine is only for you. Do not share this medicine with others.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
What may interact with this medicine?
- blood pressure medications
- monoamine oxidase inhibitors
- potassium supplements
- water pills (diuretics)
Tell your prescriber or health care professional about all other medicines you are taking, including nonprescription medicines, nutritional supplements, or herbal products. Also tell your prescriber or health care professional if you are a frequent user of drinks with caffeine or alcohol, if you smoke, or if you use illegal drugs. These may affect the way your medicine works. Check with your health care professional before stopping or starting any of your medicines.
What should I watch for while taking this medicine?
Check your blood pressure regularly while you are taking olmesartan. Ask your prescriber or health care professional what your blood pressure should be. When you check your blood pressure, write down the measurements to show your prescriber or health care professional.
If you are taking this medicine for a long time, you must visit your prescriber or health care professional for regular checks on your progress. Make sure you schedule appointments on a regular basis.
If you are going to have surgery, tell your prescriber or health care professional that you are taking olmesartan.
Women should inform their doctor if they wish to become pregnant or think they might be pregnant. There is a potential for serious side effects to an unborn child, particularly in the second or third trimester. Talk to your health care professional or pharmacist for more information.
What side effects may I notice from this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your prescriber or health care professional as soon as possible:
- difficulty breathing or swallowing, hoarseness, or tightening of the throat
- swelling of your face, lips, tongue, hands, or feet
- unusual rash
- confusion, dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting spells
- decreased amount of urine passed
- fast or uneven heart beat, palpitations, or chest pain
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your prescriber or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- back pain
- sore throat
- stuffy nose or stuffy sinuses
This list may not describe all possible side effects.
Where can I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children and in a container that small children cannot open.
Store your medicine at room temperature between 15-30 degrees C (59-86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
- best online pharmacy without prescription
- is benicar over the counter
- buy pharmacy drugs online
- best canadian online pharmacy
- buy benicar canada
- olmesartan canadian
- buy olmesartan for daily use
- cheap canadian drugs
- buy benicar safely online
- buy prescription medication online
- where do you buy olmesartan
- buy cheap olmesartan online canadian pharmacy
- no prescription olmesartan
- where to buy benicar in toronto
- buying olmesartan online from canada
- without prescription
- olmesartan online australia
- benicar daily
- uk online pharmacy
- discount pharmacies
- safe online pharmacies
- buy medication online canada
- buy olmesartan online without prescriptions
- free olmesartan online
- how to buy olmesartan safely online