Generic Imitrex (Sumatriptan) is an antimigraine medicine.
What is this medicine?
SUMATRIPTAN is used to treat migraines with or without aura. An aura is a strange feeling or visual disturbance that warns you of an attack. It is not used to prevent migraines.
What should my health care professional know before I receive this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- bowel disease or colitis
- family history of heart disease
- fast or irregular heart beat
- heart or blood vessel disease, angina (chest pain), or previous heart attack
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- history of stroke, transient ischemic attacks (TIAs or mini-strokes), or intracranial bleeding
- kidney or liver disease
- poor circulation
- postmenopausal or surgical removal of uterus and ovaries
- Raynaud’s disease
- seizure disorder
- an unusual or allergic reaction to sumatriptan, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this medicine?
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. This medicine is taken at the first symptoms of a migraine. It is not for everyday use. If your migraine headache returns after one dose, you can take another dose as directed. You must leave at least 2 hours between doses, and do not take more than 100 mg as a single dose. Do not take more than 200 mg total in any 24 hour period. If there is no improvement at all after the first dose, do not take a second dose without talking to your doctor or health care professional. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
Overdosage: If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact a poison control center or emergency room at once.
NOTE: This medicine is only for you. Do not share this medicine with others.
What if I miss a dose?
This does not apply; this medicine is not for regular use.
What may interact with this medicine?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medicines:
- amphetamine or cocaine
- dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, ergoloid mesylates, methysergide, or ergot-type medication – do not take within 24 hours of taking sumatriptan
- MAOIs like Carbex, Eldepryl, Marplan, Nardil, and Parnate – do not take sumatriptan within 2 weeks of stopping MAOI therapy
- other migraine medicines like almotriptan, eletriptan, naratriptan, rizatriptan, zolmitriptan – do not take within 24 hours of taking sumatriptan
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- medicines for mental depression, anxiety or mood problems
- medicines for weight loss such as dexfenfluramine, dextroamphetamine, fenfluramine, or sibutramine
- St. John’s wort
This list may not describe all possible interactions. Give your health care provider a list of all the medicines, herbs, non-prescription drugs, or dietary supplements you use. Also tell them if you smoke, drink alcohol, or use illegal drugs. Some items may interact with your medicine.
What should I watch for while taking this medicine?
Only take this medicine for a migraine headache. Take it if you get warning symptoms or at the start of a migraine attack. It is not for regular use to prevent migraine attacks.
You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you. To reduce dizzy or fainting spells, do not sit or stand up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. Alcohol can increase drowsiness, dizziness and flushing. Avoid alcoholic drinks.
Smoking cigarettes may increase the risk of heart-related side effects from using this medicine.
What side effects may I notice from this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- changes in vision
- chest or throat pain, tightness
- fast, slow, or irregular heart beat
- increased or decreased blood pressure
- problems with balance, talking, walking
- severe stomach pain and cramping, bloody diarrhea
- tingling, pain, or numbness in the face, hands or feet
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- feeling warm, flushing, or redness of the face
- muscle pain or cramps
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or stomach upset
- weak or tired
This list may not describe all possible side effects.
Where can I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 2 and 30 degrees C (36 and 86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
- where to buy sumatriptan without a prescription
- online canadian pharmacy generic imitrex
- get a prescription online
- buy canadian pharmacy
- canadian pharmacy generic imitrex online
- mexican pharmacy online
- generic generic imitrex no prescription
- buy cheap sumatriptan online next day delivery
- cheap online pharmacy canada
- buy prescription drugs online without prescriptions
- where can you buy generic imitrex over the counter
- canadian generic imitrex generic
- buy generic imitrex canada online
- buy generic imitrex in london
- online chemist
- buy generic imitrex low cost
- where can i buy real sumatriptan
- sumatriptan for cheap
- sumatriptan online prescription
- how to get prescribed generic imitrex
- buy generic imitrex in bangkok
- canada pharmacies
- buy generic imitrex uk cheap
- how to buy prescription drugs from canada